Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hello Tokyo, Goodbye Kevin Spacey

I'm at the airport in Tokyo, waiting for my connecting flight to Shanghai, now hours from reuniting with Rebecca. If you haven't been to Japan , the airport here is exactly what you'd expect it to be. It's like I'm in a spa. Everything has smooth lines, warm lighting, with accents of perfectly trimmed bamboo planted around white and black rocks. Flight over was smooth, long (14 hours), and a little boring. Did some work, watched some movies, and took some naps. Having sushi in the airport lounge in Tokyo and said hello to the fantastic high tech toilets here (seat warms, built in bidets, cleansers, etc...). I was tempted to use the thing to do my laundry, but figured it could wait. I wonder if it also doubles as a place to boil water for pasta?! Yummmmm. Also, had some of the "Sweat" drink offered here (see pic). Sounds appetizing, right?!
Kevin Spacey was hanging out next to me in the waiting lounge at Newark airport. That was kinda cool. We kept looking at each other, but I guess he was nervous to say hello to me. It did appear that he was coyly trying to snap a pic of me with his cell phone, but I dove behind a planter before he could get the new image for his MySpace page. You may be able to lure Superman into a near-death match, but you can't fool me, Lex Luthor!
3 hour flight to Shanghai, coming up! (total travel time: 14 hours to Tokyo, 4 hour layover, 3 hour flight to Shanghai= 21 hours)

2 comments:

Erin said...

I just caught Kevin Spacey on Regis and Kelly as I was flipping through the channels to find Sesame Street (for Nate, of course!)... he mentioned he saw you at the airport.

We're glad you and Rebecca will be together again!

Unknown said...

So who is this guy Pocari whose sweat you are drinking? Are you sure it was for drinking or was it part of the elaborate bathroom features?