Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Birthday Memories in Haiku: 5 7 5

Haikus are patterned
Syllables: five, seven, five
That's what makes them fun.

I had some spare time
I wrote these Haikus for you
I hope you smile

I first sent these out
Only to my family
Now I put on blog.

Prices Take Shanghai
Aplogize for delay
We are fully back

***********************************

It is my birthday
I cant believe I'm thirty
Aaron still older.

Shanghai, one week more
I will very miss my Gu
Might have to steal him

Gu has good advice
He say when stock market down
Turn screen upside down!

Waiting for AP
What is in store for tonight?
$30 for 30.

My hair is a mess
My pants are a little tight
Need Herve and fruit

Roman and Eden
Joshua and Benjamin
You are all so big

I am still waiting
Aaron thirty minutes late
"Better or for worse"

Guilin last weekend
Beautiful mountains, river
Everything for sale

Movers come today
9 months put into boxes
Aar framed everything.

So, for now so long
Maybe, future, more haikus
You should try them too.

If you enjoyed this
Post a comment or respond
But, must be Haiku!!

3 comments:

Susan Levine said...

Making up lost time
Rebecca writes more blog now
Haiku not Chinese

North Pole Buzz said...

Bec so talented
Funny smart and beautiful
Happy Birthday, Girl!

:) Love, Blake & James

Brucenstan's Momma said...

Leave it to you two
such poetry in motion
i love a challenge

*

The yin to his yang
they travel the globe: east, west
open minds, love, laughs

*

Where ever you go
the journey leaves you rich with
friends, culture, wisdom

*

Transitions are tough
every end a beginning
always remember